Pharmacist Advice and Health Services
A range of health screening services are offered at
Brighton Pharmacy. For some services a fee may apply to
- Free blood pressure testing - no appointment necessary
- Blood glucose monitoring - a small fee applies - no appointment necessary
- Free lung function testing - no appointment necessary
- Weight management assistance - please contact us to make an appointment - fee applies
- Comprehensive Health Screen - A health screen including all of the above Pharmacist Advice services and referral to your General Practitioner for further investigation if required - appointment necessary - a fee applies
- Brighton Pharmacy is a sleep centre offering services to assist with diagnosis and treatment for sleep apnoea. Phone 3269 2570 for details and to arrange a take home test.
Taking an interest in your own health and early detection
can improve long term outcomes of some chronic diseases such
as Diabetes, heart disease and bowel cancer. Brighton Pharmacy
actively supports community health programs such as
Know your Numbers and Bowel Cancer Awareness.
Medication Management Services
Many of us take a number of medicines every day to either
make us better or to keep us healthy. These medicines may
include those prescribed by a doctor and include some that you
purchase from a pharmacy, supermarket or a health food store.
When you visit Brighton Pharmacy to pick up your medicine and
receive medicine information and advice, you can now access a
number of services specifically designed to help you manage your
medicines, or the medicines of the person you care for.
These services include: Health Screening, NDSS, Sleep Apnoea
diagnosis and treatment, HMR, CMI, Dose Administration and
specialist services for new mothers and baby - see details below
Consumer Medicine Information (CMI)
CMI answers common questions about your medicine: what it is
for, how to use it properly, things to consider before taking
it and any known side effects, using easy-to-understand language.
This information will help you use your medicine safely and
If you want to know more about your medicines, ask our friendly
staff for a CMI or have a chat with our pharmacist.
Dose Administration Aids (Webster-Pak)
If you use medicines regularly it can be hard to remember
whether or not you have taken them. It is easy to miss a dose
or to take one dose twice. It is also easy to mix-up your
tablets and accidentally take the wrong ones. Mistakes like
these not only reduce the effectiveness of your medicines but
may lead to serious problems. One way of reducing the likelihood
of making mistakes is to use a Dose Administration Aid.
Taking medication, even the most complicated and confusing
dosage regimes is easy when a Webster-pak® is used. It tells you
what medicine should be taken and when. Dramatically improving
medication usage compliance, using a Webster-pak® can result in
a healthier, happier and more independent patient. For carers,
it can save you time, giving you more control and less worry!
At Brighton Pharmacy your pharmacist takes the doctor’s
prescriptions and tailors the Webster-pak® to meet the patient’s
All the pills to be taken at a particular time are safely and
securely sealed within blister compartments. These are
individually labelled with their contents. For example, all the
medication to be taken at breakfast on Monday is placed in one
blister bubble, making the checking the medication simple.
When it’s time to take the medication, simply push the blister
to release the contents through the foil backing. Nothing could
- Gives you peace of mind and helps those you care for become more independent
- Makes your life easier
- Reduces complicated doses into simple regimes
- Is easier for carers to check to see if patients have properly taken their medication
- Is a visual reminder to take medication
- Removes the risk of tablets/capsules being mixed or split
- Is tamper evident
- Is suitable for all age groups
- At a glance, using Webster-pak®, carers can see when medication is to be taken or if it has been missed. Taking medication as prescribed is particularly important if patients are elderly people who want to maintain independence or are in long-term care.
- Dose Administration Aids are also useful when you may have difficulty reading labels and/or opening the packages your medicines usually come in.
Ask us at Brighton Pharmacy for more information if
interested in this service. A small fee applies.
Home Medicines Review (HMR)
This free service is designed to help you manage your
medicines so you can get better results from them and
avoid side effects. This service has been found to be
particularly useful for people who take more than five
medicines or who have recently been in hospital.
If you would like your pharmacist to conduct an HMR,
you need a referral from your GP. The referral is given to
your pharmacist, who then spends some time with you,
preferably in your home, talking about your medicines.
The pharmacist sends a written report back to your GP, and
may make some suggestions to help you get the best out of
your medicines. Your GP will then discuss the pharmacist’s
report with you and may make some changes to your medicines.
Free weigh-in any time.
Brighton Pharmacy Baby and Child Health Club
Monday to Friday, no appointment is necessary. The service
is not available on public holidays.
There is no cost for your visit. The Red Book supplied at
the hospital is required.
Making Life Easy Products (MLE)
MLE products assist in daily living and mobility to aid in
your independent living. An expanded range of these products
is available, just come and see our friendly staff who can
Brighton Pharmacy is a sub-agent for NDSS
(National Diabetes Services Scheme).